My Bright Book List

07:30 Unknown 0 Comments

I have always loved reading. I have always had shelves full of books and a few books to read on the go at once. I think Harry Potter was the first book that I found myself reading all the time. But now I’m growing up I suppose. Harry Potter and all my childhood books will be revisited. I’ll definitely make sure to do a blog post on those when I can. But now I’m here to show you all my book list. 

The books on this list are books that I have seen and thought looked interesting, classic books I know I should have read by now, or books I once started and haven’t finished. So far there are 24 books;

  • Station Eleven - Emily St John Mandel
  • The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - Gabrielle Zevin
  • The Children Act - Ian McEwan
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • Elizabeth is Missing - Emma Healey
  • The Miniaturist - Jessie Burton
  • We are All Completely Beside Ourselves - Karen Joy Fowler
  • Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky 
  • Far From the Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell
  • The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald 
  • Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
  • Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
  • The Man Who Bought London - Edgar Wallace
  • Dracula - Bram Stoker
  • Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  • The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
  • A Selection of Works by William Shakespeare
  • The Gambler - Fyodor Dostoevesky
  • The Picture of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde
  • The Beautifull Cassandra - Jane Austen
  • Jason and Medea - Apollonius of Rhodes
  • A Pair of Silk Stockings - Kate Chopin 
  • The Farm - Tom Rob Smith

Hopefully if all goes to plan I will have read most, if not all, of these before I go to university in September. Each of these books, and any additional ones, will have a corresponding blog post to accompany it with my personal opinions. 

Having taken a trip to Waterstones yesterday and discovered their buy one get one half price books, I have decided to begin with The Farm by Tom Rob Smith, followed by The Children Act by Ian McEwan. 





Keep reading,
Kelly x

0 comments :