My Bright Book List - Revisited

05:59 Unknown 0 Comments

On 16th September 2015, I moved to university. Cardiff Metropolitan University to be exact. And I started this blog up to make myself want to read more. I always loved reading but really I never felt like I read enough. I remember saying to my mum so often that English Literature A Level killed my love of reading. But when I took my gap year it seemed to make everything better. I had time to just sit and read and enjoy the books I wanted to enjoy. So I wrote my list in April. And yes I may have only read 9 books off my list in full, I wanted to go over the books I haven’t had a chance to read yet. 

The books I have left are as follows;

  • Station Eleven - Emily St John Mandel
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • We are All Completely Beside Ourselves - Karen Joy Fowler
  • Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky 
  • Far From the Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell
  • Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
  • The Man Who Bought London - Edgar Wallace
  • Dracula - Bram Stoker
  • Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  • The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
  • A Selection of Works by William Shakespeare
  • The Gambler - Fyodor Dostoevesky
  • The Picture of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde
  • Jason and Medea - Apollonius of Rhodes

This list makes it look like a lot. And in fact it is a lot of hours worth of reading that I have not yet done. However I would like to point out the exceptions. The titles in bold are novels that I have started but yet to finish. Some I have only read a few chapters of, like Lolita, whereas others I am nearly finished with, like Animal Farm. Shakespeare is one of those that I’ve decided to dip in and out of when I have time, especially as I’ve got them on my kindle, yet the majority of these novels that I have not started won’t be finished whilst I’m at university. If anything, it’s purely for the fact that I haven’t been able to bring them with me. I’m expecting that due to the nature of my course, I’ll have quite a bit of reading to do, so I’m not even entirely sure how many of the books I’ve bought to university I’ll be able to finish. My hopes are that I’ll be able to finish at least 3 of the 7, maybe even more. 


Keep an eye out for a few new books to get excited about in the coming months also, as I’m hoping to finish off any advanced copies that I have gotten from NetGalley, and I’m so excited to share them all with you. 

0 comments :